This Just In: COMSOL Multiphysics 4.3b
Fanny Littmarck | May 3, 2013
We’ve been dropping hints for the past few weeks here on the blog, and the time has finally come when we can officially unveil the release of COMSOL Multiphysics 4.3b. Five new products extend our product suite, and there are plenty of new features to enhance your simulation experience. The latest version of COMSOL Multiphysics is here, and you do not want to miss out on the news.
COMSOL Multiphysics 4.3b Adds Five New Products
Over the past several weeks on the blog, we’ve identified difficulties in simulating problems within wave optics, molecular flow, and electrochemistry, and highlighted the need for the ability to model multibody dynamics and semiconductor applications. You didn’t think we were going to leave it at that, did you?
With the release of COMSOL Multiphysics 4.3b, we bring the solutions to these problems for you, via five new application-specific modules:
- Multibody Dynamics Module
- Wave Optics Module
- Molecular Flow Module
- Semiconductor Module
- Electrochemistry Module
Learn all about these brand new additions to our product line on the COMSOL Multiphysics 4.3b Release Highlights page.
These New Features Will Help Make Your Job Easier
New simulation capabilities and enhancements have been added across all application areas, from our base package to the multipurpose tools, and each module in between.
Some of the new features include:
- COMSOL Multiphysics and LiveLink Products:
- 2D modeling work planes from 3D CAD cross sections
- Curvilinear Coordinates interface for curved geometric shapes
- Increased automation for swept meshing
- File locking
- One Window for LiveLink™ for Inventor®
- Export material data from Excel® to your material library
- Frozen rotor for rotating machinery in CFD
- SST Turbulence model and an upgraded CFD solver
- Thin screens for CFD applications
- Multi-wavelength heat radiation
- Heat transfer with phase change
- Thermal contact
- New magnetics solver
- Periodic structures for electromagnetic waves
- Thin impermeable barrier
- Optimization study node includes gradient-based and gradient-free methods
- Control which model a material is added to
- Velocity reinitialization and Monte Carlo elastic collisions in particle tracing
The Release Highlights page contains a full and detailed list of the new capabilities released with COMSOL Multiphysics 4.3b.
Want to learn more about COMSOL Multiphysics 4.3b?
We will continue to cover the new add-on modules as well as the extended capabilities of our software on the blog — be sure to check back often. There are also many other ways for you to learn more about the latest release. For one, we are hosting a webinar introducing COMSOL Multiphysics 4.3b on May 14th. In the meantime, you’re also advised to browse the Release Highlights page, watch the release video, and check out the press release.
Don’t forget to share these updates with your colleagues and friends — and let us know how you like the release, too. We’d love to hear from you in the comments section below and on our social media pages!
The Graphene Revolution: Part 4
- Certified Consultants 30
- Chemical 48
- COMSOL Now 136
- Conference 103
- Core Functionality 59
- Electrical 118
- Fluid 86
- Interfacing 36
- Mechanical 142
- Multipurpose 14
- Tips & Tricks 32
- Trending Topics 44
- User Perspectives 82
- Video 64