Bandgap examination

Topics: no topics

Thread index  |  Previous thread  |  Next thread  |  Start a new discussion

RSS FeedRSS feed   |   Email notificationsTurn on email notifications   |   1 Reply   Last post: October 22, 2011 9:15am UTC
Fantatier

Fantatier

November 25, 2010 9:58am UTC

Bandgap examination

Hi,
I am having trouble recreating the band gap analysis from
www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/798/
with comsol 4.0a

i am aware that the UI has undergone a major shift from 3.5 to 4.0 and i am having trouble mapping all the stuff from the sbs instructions to comsol 4.0a

loading the model and running that gives me various errors as far as i can tell mainly missing variables

then i tried to recreate the whole thing from scratch.
i have most of it sussed so far but certain things still evade me, as far as i can tell certain variables are never actually set...
for instance i reference labda0_rfwe but according to the tutorial it is never set anywhere...
the same can be said for Ez it is used but never allocated...

so has anybody been able to get the example to run under 4.0a or could somebody point me in the right direction in order to gain a band gap diagram from comsol

Reply  |  Reply with Quote  |  Send private message  |  Report Abuse

Fusheng Ma

Fusheng Ma

October 22, 2011 9:15am UTC in response to Fantatier

Re: Bandgap examination

hi, Fantatier

do you figure out the problem? i met the same problem. any suggestions?

Hi,
I am having trouble recreating the band gap analysis from
www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/798/
with comsol 4.0a

i am aware that the UI has undergone a major shift from 3.5 to 4.0 and i am having trouble mapping all the stuff from the sbs instructions to comsol 4.0a

loading the model and running that gives me various errors as far as i can tell mainly missing variables

then i tried to recreate the whole thing from scratch.
i have most of it sussed so far but certain things still evade me, as far as i can tell certain variables are never actually set...
for instance i reference labda0_rfwe but according to the tutorial it is never set anywhere...
the same can be said for Ez it is used but never allocated...

so has anybody been able to get the example to run under 4.0a or could somebody point me in the right direction in order to gain a band gap diagram from comsol

Reply  |  Reply with Quote  |  Send private message  |  Report Abuse

Rules and guidelines