Tracking Residual

Thread index  |  Previous thread  |  Next thread  |  Start a new discussion

RSS FeedRSS feed   |   Email notificationsTurn on email notifications   |   2 Replies   Last post: July 26, 2013 6:27pm UTC
Jonathan Olsen

Jonathan Olsen

April 3, 2011 8:10pm UTC

Tracking Residual

I need to track the residual in my simulation in order to represent how closely the governing equations are being represented. I know comsol keeps track of residual since ive had several errors referring to it. Post processing doesnt have residual as a specific plotting value as far as i know.

Do i need to use a specific solver which uses residual? Does any one know how to access its value? I can use matlab live link if necessary.

Reply  |  Reply with Quote  |  Send private message  |  Report Abuse

Ivar Kjelberg

Ivar Kjelberg

April 4, 2011 5:12am UTC in response to Jonathan Olsen

Re: Tracking Residual

Hi

you have an interesting remark there, I would also like to see more in the log, there is a log "detailed" option in the solver node, but it mainly adds the scaling factors, a "verbose" option in addition could sometime help.

The convergence plotting is supposed to come back in one of the next version I have heard

--
Good luck
Ivar

Farid Behzad

Farid Behzad

July 26, 2013 6:27pm UTC in response to Ivar Kjelberg

Re: Tracking Residual

Hi,

I've got a similar question. Is there any way to export the residuals to MATLAB for each time step? I mean I need to do some algebra on residual of each cell.

Thanks,
Farid

Rules and guidelines