Electric Field in an object place in an EM field

Thread index  |  Previous thread  |  Next thread  |  Start a new discussion

RSS FeedRSS feed   |   Email notificationsTurn on email notifications   |   2 Replies   Last post: October 25, 2012 5:56am UTC
Priya  Natarajan

Priya Natarajan

October 14, 2012 12:48pm UTC

Electric Field in an object place in an EM field

Hi,

I am quite new to COMSOL and with some help from tutorials I have built this 3D model where a cylinder is placed in the electric field radiated by a dipole antenna.

To calculate the Electric field in the cylinder is it enough if I just included boundaries of the cylinder in the far field calculation physics??

And also is there a way to export the Electric field data only from the cylinder???

I am not able to attach the file at it is too big....

Regards
Priya Natarajan

Reply  |  Reply with Quote  |  Send private message  |  Report Abuse

Robert Koslover

Robert Koslover

October 24, 2012 10:01pm UTC in response to Priya Natarajan

Re: Electric Field in an object place in an EM field

1. Is the antenna inside or outside of your cylinder?
2. If the antenna is outside of the cylinder, is the cylinder near or far away from the antenna? (Note that if it is near, then you should not be using far-field computations).

Priya  Natarajan

Priya Natarajan

October 25, 2012 5:56am UTC in response to Robert Koslover

Re: Electric Field in an object place in an EM field

yes sir, I have excluded the far field calculation physics. I wanted to find the scattered field in the cylinder and in the Electromagnetic waves physics, i have chosen to solve for scattered field.

I hope I am doing this right. Is there any option to do near field computations (or does COMSOL by default do that?)

Rules and guidelines