Modelling Cavitation Bubble Radius Oscillation using Equation Based Modelling

Thread index  |  Previous thread  |  Next thread  |  Start a new discussion

RSS FeedRSS feed   |   Email notificationsTurn on email notifications   |   2 Replies   Last post: January 11, 2013 7:49pm UTC
Charles Selfridges

Charles Selfridges

January 11, 2013 2:15pm UTC

Modelling Cavitation Bubble Radius Oscillation using Equation Based Modelling

Hello, I am trying to model the radius, R(t), oscillation of a cavitation bubble in liquid (compressible) subjected to alternating pressure at ultrasonic frequency. I would like to model the radius oscillation using the Gilmore model equation as shown in the attached .jpeg file.
The link to the published paper is as follows: link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%2Fs11661-012-1188-3

I have tried to model equation (2) through the ODE module and by specifying the derivative of H by d(H,R), and managed to get the model running. However, the result seems to be very different from the results for the change in the bubble radius, R(t), presented in the paper.

Kind regards,

Charles

Attachments:   Gilmore Model Equations.jpg  

Reply  |  Reply with Quote  |  Send private message  |  Report Abuse

Charles Selfridges

Charles Selfridges

January 11, 2013 2:31pm UTC in response to Charles Selfridges

Re: Modelling Cavitation Bubble Radius Oscillation using Equation Based Modelling

The results obtained from the model is as attached.

Attachments:   R-t.jpg  

Chris Layman

Chris Layman

January 11, 2013 7:49pm UTC in response to Charles Selfridges

Re: Modelling Cavitation Bubble Radius Oscillation using Equation Based Modelling

The results obtained from the model is as attached.

You also might be interested in Lars Hoff matlab code for solving Rayleigh-Plesset type equations.

home.online.no/~fam.hoff/Bubblesim/Bubblesim.htm

Rules and guidelines