comsol 4.3 java heap size

Topics: 4.3b

Thread index  |  Previous thread  |  Next thread  |  Start a new discussion

RSS FeedRSS feed   |   Email notificationsTurn on email notifications   |   3 Replies   Last post: October 30, 2013 10:43pm UTC
ajeetraj

ajeetraj

February 14, 2013 5:19pm UTC

comsol 4.3 java heap size

After looking around the forum, I found out that in order to increase the heap size, I have to edit the comsol.ini or comsolserver.ini file.

The problem I am having is, even though I have administrative rights of the computer where the comsol is installed, I cannot edit the file. This means, when I edit it and want to save the file, it says access denied.

Did anyone else have similar problem? Please let me know if you know why it is happening or how I could edit it.

thanks,

Reply  |  Reply with Quote  |  Send private message  |  Report Abuse

Mina Jafarpoor

Mina Jafarpoor

October 8, 2013 3:43pm UTC in response to ajeetraj

Re: comsol 4.3 java heap size

I also have exactly the same problem.

Suresh  Seetharam

Suresh Seetharam

October 8, 2013 6:15pm UTC in response to ajeetraj

Hi,

Just copy the .ini file to another directory (say D: drive) and then edit and save it. You then copy this file back to the COMSOL directory. It asks you to overwrite the file, say yes.

Suresh

Jonathan Garber

Jonathan Garber

October 30, 2013 10:43pm UTC in response to Mina Jafarpoor

I have also recently developed a significant problem with running out of Java Heap space, requiring a machine restart every few parametric runs -- a major pain.

Major symptom: "Error in multiphysics compilation" whenever evaluating the model.

I will try this.

Rules and guidelines