3-D Modelling , Filling an open gap

Thread index  |  Previous thread  |  Next thread  |  Start a new discussion

RSS FeedRSS feed   |   Email notificationsTurn on email notifications   |   3 Replies   Last post: March 18, 2013 8:38pm UTC
Victor Soares

Victor Soares

March 14, 2013 3:28pm UTC

3-D Modelling , Filling an open gap

Good Afternoon,

I'm building a damper that has a hollow casing and a rubber-ish inside. This rubber is applied inside the case trough a direct injection.

I'd like to know if I can model the casing ( using Material 1 ) then fill the gap of the case with another material ( Material 2 ).

Reply  |  Reply with Quote  |  Send private message  |  Report Abuse

Ivar Kjelberg

Ivar Kjelberg

March 14, 2013 6:37pm UTC in response to Victor Soares

Re: 3-D Modelling , Filling an open gap

Hi

for me it remindsme of eiher a two fluid FSSI interaction or a level set suronded by fluid, but you need some combination of ALE therein, the way I see it, and currently I have problems mixing ALE and level set capilary forces correctly. Something I'm missing to get it right ;)

In anycase forget v4.0 use the latest

--
Good luck
Ivar

Jorden Joe

Jorden Joe

March 17, 2013 7:36pm UTC in response to Ivar Kjelberg

Hi Ivar,
I want in 3D geometry of open-topped, rectangular prism of 1.6 m length, 0.4 m in width and 0.4 m in height. The wall
thickness is 1 mm. The container was filled with water to a depth of 0.3 m.My physics is FSI. I cann't select the container wall when i want to defining its Linear elastic material section.
could you help me!
Thanks,
Jorden

Ivar Kjelberg

Ivar Kjelberg

March 18, 2013 8:38pm UTC in response to Jorden Joe

Hi

which version are you using ?
in FSI you need to define the domains fluid and solid by appropriate Domain nodes in the physics node and have both fluid and solid domains defined for the main FSI node

Bt without a model I cannot tell much more ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar

Rules and guidelines