resistivity plotting

Thread index  |  Previous thread  |  Next thread  |  Start a new discussion

RSS FeedRSS feed   |   Email notificationsTurn on email notifications   |   1 Reply   Last post: May 7, 2013 11:53am UTC
David Segal

David Segal

May 7, 2013 9:47am UTC

resistivity plotting

Hi

I am running a stationary model of a wire network usinf Electric currents and Heat transfer in solids . Each copper

wire (linearised reistivity) has a constant current. There are heat losses to the air and heat conducted between

wires at their junctions.

There is a resultant temperature gradient along each wire. How can I get a plot of the variation in resistivity?

I see uniform heat losses along the wire even though the temperature varies (and therefore resistance should vary)

Something seems to be working because temperatures are a bit lower with constant conductivity model.

Thanks

David

Reply  |  Reply with Quote  |  Send private message  |  Report Abuse

Ivar Kjelberg

Ivar Kjelberg

May 7, 2013 11:53am UTC in response to David Segal

Re: resistivity plotting

Hi

to enhance the thermal cooling, if done with convective cooling, is to run once with a large "h[W/m^2/K]" value i.e. 100x what you expect

To plot the resistivity, its normally the material value, with a call to the temperature, something like material.

You could also consider using the JH physics (Joule heating) which combines both EC and HT pre-cooked for you.

--
Good luck
Ivar

Reply  |  Reply with Quote  |  Send private message  |  Report Abuse

Rules and guidelines