As part of our continued growth and sustained vision to be a leader in our sector, COMSOL is seeking sales account manager to join our commercial sales team in our state-of-the-art Cambridge offices.
We are a small, close-knit team of sales and technical support specialists that form an important part of an expanding, diverse global company, which now has offices in Palo Alto, Boston, Los Angeles, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Italy, Switzerland, and India.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to combine your technical and people skills to help our customers from industry understand how the COMSOL product line can reduce their design cycle and costs and improve their efficiency. This position calls for a unique combination of engineering, business, sales and communication skills. We sell to many of the top engineering and scientific organizations throughout Uk & Ireland. These range from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies to national research labs and their activities cover a wide span of engineering disciplines.
The successful candidate will be able to quickly understand complex interdisciplinary technical issues and then, just as quickly, articulate a concise business case for how COMSOL can help the potential customer. The challenge of selling to a wide range of technical engineers, managers and R & D specialists will call on your technical curiosity and commercial acumen, as well as your strong listening and communication skills.
This role will also include some travel.
- Actively identify, develop and expand the sales of COMSOL’s existing and new range of Multi-physics software to commercial engineering firms and national research labs
- Develop new leads and maintain regular contact with existing contacts through phone calls and public workshops
- Create and deliver presentations with the support of the technical support team at public seminars, customer-sites and professional conferences
- Work closely with the technical team at both pre and post sales stages to provide technical support to potential customers
- Achieve personal sales targets and share your experience and knowledge to achieve team targets.
- Graduate ideally with a Bachelor or Masters in engineering, physical sciences, life sciences (or a related discipline)
- Previous technical sales experience in an engineering or software company would be of benefit
- Positive, professional and confident communicator both in-person and on the phone, with concise writing skills
- Strong time-management skills, with the ability to balance multiple demands from a high volume of prospects as well as team members
- An understanding of the business challenges and technical issues clients face in the engineering and scientific sectors
- Determination and a consultative approach to progressing and closing sales over a 6 – 9 month period sometimes in a competitive sales situation
- Some experience with computer modelling, FEA analysis or computational physics would be advantageous but is not essential
- Eligible to work in the UK.
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary and regular reviews to reward personal performance
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension
- Good prospects for career progression
- Sponsored trip to Sweden to attend annual company - wide “Kick Off” event
- Professional and personal development in a fast growing high-tech software company
- Opportunity to resolve challenging technical problems using state-of-the-art engineering tools
- Work with creative and qualified team members in Cambridge and other international offices
- Casual atmosphere in modern offices with private individual work spaces, meeting rooms, relaxing communal areas, parking and modern café facilities.
Send a Cover letter and CV to Dawn Street at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01223 451580
||Sales Account Manager
||Cambridge, United Kingdom
indicates required field
Cover Letter and Resume