COMSOL is seeking a Web Designer/Developer to join our team in Göttingen, Germany.
As part of our team, you will maintain and expand the functionality of our external website and, in particular, improve the user experience. Further, you will develop internal web-based applications and increase the effectiveness of existing ones. As part of the COMSOL German team, you will work closely with our international and local Web, Marketing and IT Departments to meet the needs of our growing organization with professional content, proficient project management and creative solutions.
- Plan and implement projects, together with designers and video media experts from our Boston and Stockholm offices, to improve the usability and user experience of www.comsol.de.
- Coordinate with marketing staff both in Göttingen, Boston and throughout the world to implement tools and web pages necessary for a variety of marketing campaigns and initiatives directed towards the German and Austrian markets.
- Develop and improve COMSOL’s internal web-based tools dedicated to digital assets management, operations processes, and project management.
- Rapid prototyping of your ideas and communicating them, effectively with your team and others within the organization.
- Degree or significant experience in computer science, engineering, or web design.
- Knowledge of Apache Tomcat, Jira, Confluence, Wordpress, and Linux is a plus.
- Experience with MVC paradigms. Knowledge of Zend framework is a plus.
- Experience with video editing software such as Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premier or similar.
- Strong understanding of visual design principles and typography.
- Fluency with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a fast-growing, high-tech business environment.
- A passion for creating intuitive and delightful user experiences.
- Eligibility to work in Germany.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech software company.
- Highly-creative individuals and teams working with cutting-edge technology.
- Dynamic and engaging work duties that provide opportunities for self-development and professional growth.
- Competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with skills and experience.
indicates required field.
Cover Letter and Resume