COMSOL Multiphysics Pvt. Ltd. is seeking a Development Engineer with a specialty in Structural Mechanics to join its Bangalore office. We are seeking an individual with a strong background in the finite element method, solid mechanics, and numerical methods.
- Develop new functionality to enhance the capabilities of COMSOL Multiphysics.
Maintain and improve the existing functionality of COMSOL Multiphysics.
- Develop models that show features and capabilities of COMSOL Multiphysics.
- Testing and documentation of the new/existing functionality.
- Support the usage of COMSOL Multiphysics by addressing technical concerns, providing guidance, advice, and modeling assistance in a wide variety of application areas, particularly those involving structural mechanics modeling.
- Develop and teach training classes.
- Interact with COMSOL customers in government, industry, and academia if required.
- Give COMSOL product demonstrations at seminars, workshops, conferences, and meetings with customers if required.
- Genuine interest in mathematical modeling, computational physics, and software simulation.
- High energy, self-motivated, quick study with flexible nature.
*Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A challenging opportunity to develop new features for the established multiphysics software, used by large number of users.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech software company.
- Casual atmosphere in a spacious office.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in engineering, physical sciences.
- Demonstrated experience with computational modeling.
- A background in any kind of nonlinear material modeling (elastoplasticity, viscoelasticity, hyperelasticity, viscoplasticity, etc…), contact modeling, or fatigue modeling is desirable, as well as any experience in multiphysics analysis.
- Any experience in X-FEM, Composite modeling, Meshless methods is desirable.
COMSOL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Development Engineer: Structural Mechanics
indicates required field
Cover Letter and Resume