COMSOL India is seeking an Applications Engineer with a specialization in Chemical Engineering to join its Bangalore office. For this role, we are looking for an individual with detailed understanding of mass transport, chemical reactions, and numerical methods. Suitable candidates should have a background in one or more of the following application areas: homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis, mixing and separation processes, chemical reactors (batch, packed bed, etc.), surface reactions, etc. Understanding of electrochemical engineering applications is preferred but not mandatory.
- Interact with COMSOL customers in government, industry, and academia.
- Support the usage of COMSOL Multiphysics by addressing technical concerns, providing guidance, advice, and modeling assistance in a wide variety of application areas, particularly those involving heat transfer, structural mechanics, fluid dynamics, acoustics, electromagnetics, and multiphysics modeling.
- Develop models that show features and capabilities of COMSOL Multiphysics.
- Develop and teach training classes.
- Give COMSOL product demonstrations at seminars, workshops, conferences, and meetings with customers.
- Work collaboratively with developers to implement new features and participate in the overall product development of COMSOL Multiphysics.
- Business oriented and willing to work with customers on a daily basis.
- Genuine interest in mathematical modeling, computational physics, and software simulation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High energy, self-motivated, quick study with flexible nature.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of physics application areas and to work on problems spanning all engineering fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech software company.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in engineering, physical sciences, or life sciences.
- Demonstrated experience with computational modeling.
- 5%-10% travel per month.
COMSOL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Applications Engineer: Chemical
indicates required field
Cover Letter and Resume