Call For Papers
COMSOL Conference 2014 Bangalore
Instructions for Authors
Conference presentations can be presented in the following formats:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Both Oral & Poster Presentation
A detailed abstract is required prior to submitting your work. For seasoned presenters, you may go directly to the abstract submission form. If this is your first conference, please continue reading below.
- Create a "My Conference" account. You will be able to manage your submission as well as manage other aspects of the Conference.
- Collect the required information needed for Submission:
- Title of Abstract
- Author(s) name(s) and affiliation(s)
- Detailed abstract View Abstract Guidelines.
- Preferred form of presentation (oral, poster, both)
- Submit the abstract submission form by clicking here.
Your Abstract will be reviewed by the COMSOL Conference Program Committee - a panel of experts in their respective fields familiar with multiphysics modeling. Once your abstract has been approved you will receive an e-mail confirmation detailing the next steps.
If you choose to present your work in the Oral session you must prepare a presentation and bring it along with you to the conference. It is not required that you submit your presentation prior to the conference. The time duration for the oral presentation is 12 minutes followed by a 3 minute Q&A. For more information, review our presentation guidelines. Please include the Conference logo in your presentation.
If you choose to present your work in the Poster session you must prepare a poster as per the instructions given below and submit it online through the "My Conference" page. It is required that you submit your poster online by 10th October 2014. COMSOL will print the poster and display it before the start of the conference. You can check with the registration desk at the conference to find your poster board number. For more information, review our presentation guidelines.
Poster Preparation Instructions
Provided for your use is our poster template. We encourage you to use this template as a guide to help you with your poster. Download template
- The poster size is 36" wide x 48" long (Portrait Style). We recommend you prepare the poster in Microsoft PowerPoint. Tip: Make sure you set the size to 36" wide x 48" long before preparing the poster. You must leave at least 1" margin on all sides to avoid cropping during printing
- A clear white or light background color is suggested.
- Less text and more graphics is suggested.
- Suggested font (size)
- Title - Arial (86pt)
- Author Name and Affiliation - Arial (48pt)
- Figure Caption - Arial (25pt or higher)
- Rest of the text in the poster - Arial (30pt or higher)
- Please make sure to keep the image reading "Excerpt from the Proceedings of the 2014 COMSOL Conference in Bangalore". This should not be deleted.
- After preparing the poster in Microsoft PowerPoint, save it in PDF format and submit it online through the "My Conference" page.
Optional Paper Submission
You can submit a full-length paper regardless of the format (Oral or Poster) you choose to present your work at the conference. The full-length paper will be published in our collection of User Presentations. Please use the paper template to prepare your paper. This can be uploaded online through the "My Conference" page.