Date & Location
This event is open to public and is free of charge.
December 11, 2013
Department of Applied Physics
Indian School of Mines Dhanbad
02:00 pm - 03:00 pm Intro and Live Demo
03:00 pm - 05:00 pm Hands-On Session
Application of COMSOL in Geosciences
You can model and simulate any physics-based system using COMSOL. The fully-integrated environment allows for a unified modeling workflow irrespective of the simulation task. You can see COMSOL being applied in diverse areas of Geosciences like:
- Subsurface flow and transport processes including multiphase flow
- Geoelectrics including ERT, SP, induction methods and radar
- Gravity and geomagnetics
- Seismics including seismoelectrics
- Borehole geophysics and instrumentation
- Oil and gas
- Dynamics of the Earth's mantle
- Geotechnical stability analyses
View papers on Geophysics
Overview of our Latest Release - COMSOL 4.4
During the first part of workshop you will:
- Discover the software's capabilities, functionalities, and features
- Learn the fundamental modeling steps needed to simulate your applications
- Examine the graphical user interface and its Model Builder, allowing you to
efficiently modify and adapt your models
- Experience the speed and ease of the work flow, shown through a multiphysics
The second part of the workshop is a hands-on tutorial in COMSOL:
- Set up and solve your first simulation through a hands-on exercise
- Learn about the capabilities of COMSOL within your application area
- Get your two-week free trial and work on your own simulations helped by the COMSOL Support Team
Who Should Attend
This workshop is suitable for those with little or no experience using
COMSOL Multiphysics as well as for those with advanced knowledge. Anyone involved in research and development from concept level to production, working in industry or academia, can benefit from the event.
Lakhvinder Singh did his masters from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi in Applied Mechanics. Presently, he is working as an Applications Engineer in COMSOL India.
For registration, fill in the form below. Seating is limited and registration in advance is requested. You can also register or request more information by email
, or call 011-64691123.
To participate in the hands-on session, attendees will need to bring their own laptop. If you do not have a laptop, we will try to pair you up with another attendee. Please confirm that you will or will not bring a laptop with you.