Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to define the current density integral constraint on the surface of a conductor?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I want to simulate a superconducting coil, but I only know how to set E-J character.

I don't konw how to add a current in the superconduct. The literature use I=integrate(J) to

constraint the edge of the superconduct.

So how to define the current density integral constraint on the surface of a conductor?

Any suggestion you make will help me. Thanks for reading this.

1 Reply Last Post May 9, 2020, 9:05 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago May 9, 2020, 9:05 a.m. EDT

Hello, I have basically the same question: I would like to calculate the current distribution in a superconducting wire in the Meissner state, fed with a current significantly less than the critical current, i.e. the voltage at the wire terminals is zero (because the conductivity is infinite). Defining a "Current" Terminal (in the module "electrical currents") with rho_0 resistivity equal to zero does not seem to be accepted by COMSOL... Sorry for not being able to help you.

Hello, I have basically the same question: I would like to calculate the current distribution in a superconducting wire in the Meissner state, fed with a current significantly less than the critical current, i.e. the voltage at the wire terminals is zero (because the conductivity is infinite). Defining a "Current" Terminal (in the module "electrical currents") with rho_0 resistivity equal to zero does not seem to be accepted by COMSOL... Sorry for not being able to help you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.