Batteries & Fuel Cells Module
New Functionality in Version 4.3
New Interfaces and Features
- New Separator feature in the Lithium-Ion Battery and Battery with Binary Electrolyte interfaces.
- New Electrode, Shell interface for modeling electrodes in shells.
- New Electrode Potential, Reference Electrode, and Electric Reference Potential features for handling potentiostatic control of electrochemical cells in all Electrochemistry interfaces.
- To improve the solver performance, the porous electrode solid concentration variable
cs (Battery with Binary Electrolyte and Lithium Ion Battery interfaces) is now treated as a field. Models created prior to 4.3 with solver sequences that have been manually altered to disable solving for the
cs variables will lose that setting.
- Improved stabilization of porous electrode coupling reaction terms in the Transport of Concentrated Species, Transport of Diluted Species, Reacting Flow, and Tertiary Current Distribution, Nernst-Planck interfaces.
- All-solid-state lithium-ion battery model.
- Capacity fade model, using the new Events interface to simulate battery capacity loss during cycling.