Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Change Geometry with time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
i wonder if i can change the geometry with time?
i want to change radius of cylinder with certain time intervals.
My process time is 40 second and i want to change radius of cylinder 4 times every 10 seconds
Thanks a a lot,
Ozan

3 Replies Last Post Feb 3, 2016, 10:27 a.m. EST

Posted: 8 years ago Feb 2, 2016, 6:53 p.m. EST
That's possible.

--
Pu, ZHANG
DTU Fotonik
That's possible. -- Pu, ZHANG DTU Fotonik

Posted: 8 years ago Feb 3, 2016, 6:02 a.m. EST
Thank you for your reply, Pu, ZHANG,
But how can i do that model?
Thank you for your reply, Pu, ZHANG, But how can i do that model?

Posted: 8 years ago Feb 3, 2016, 10:27 a.m. EST
Hi,

maybe you can define a piecewise function for the radius in your model, which takes a new value after every ten seconds (so as a function of time). If the name of the function is e.g. my_radius, then enter my_radius(t). Hope that works, it is the only idea I have to implement what you want.

Kind regards,

Peter
Hi, maybe you can define a piecewise function for the radius in your model, which takes a new value after every ten seconds (so as a function of time). If the name of the function is e.g. my_radius, then enter my_radius(t). Hope that works, it is the only idea I have to implement what you want. Kind regards, Peter

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.