The latest release of the COMSOL Multiphysics® and COMSOL Server™ products, version 5.2a, provides numerical simulation specialists with hundreds of user-driven features and enhancements to app design and deployment tools. Core functionality and add-on products for electrical, mechanical, fluid, and chemical applications have been expanded with new and updated solvers, mesh technologies, and modeling tools boosting computational speed and memory efficiency.
- Customize COMSOL Server with your own organization’s visual appearance and brand
- Centralized handling of units in apps
- More memory-efficient solvers with the smoothed aggregation algebraic multigrid method (SA-AMG), domain decomposition solver, and explicit time-domain solver with discontinuous Galerkin (DG) method
- Adhesion/decohesion for structural analysis to model a large number of manufacturing processes
- Access to a meteorological database from 6,000+ weather stations for heat transfer analysis
- Realistic modeling of ferromagnetic materials with magnetic vector hysteresis
- Easy-to-use gravity and buoyancy for CFD
- New explicit method for acoustics in the time domain
This webinar will highlight many of the COMSOL Multiphysics® and COMSOL Server™ features mentioned above, and will conclude with a Q&A session.
Thermoviscous acoustics simulation solved with the domain decomposition solver. Local acceleration, total acoustic pressure, and total thermo-viscous power dissipation density are shown. This COMSOL® model is used to design microphones and speakers used in consumer products, such as, smartphones, tablets, and laptops. It consists of 2.5 million degrees of freedom and required 14 GB of RAM to solve. Previously 120 GB were needed using a direct solver.
This webinar has ended. You can watch the archived webinar at this link