If you are looking to learn how to model batteries and fuel cells with COMSOL Multiphysics software, this is the course for you. During the 1-day Batteries & Fuel Cells course, we will begin with an introduction to theory and how it applies to batteries and fuel cells modeling through first studying unit cells. We will describe in detail the coupling between electric potential in the electrode, electrolyte, and electrode kinetics. Additionally, we will investigate the effects of chemical species material transport on the electrochemical reaction kinetics.
Through training exercises, you will learn how to account for ohmic, activation, and concentration overpotential with the Batteries and Fuel Cells Module. You will also learn how high-fidelity simulations can predict the effects of electrode geometry, material properties, and operating conditions on the performance of batteries and fuel cells.
- Lithium-ion battery models: Simulation of charge and discharge cycles
- State-of-the-art models of the lead-acid battery
- Modeling of gas diffusion electrodes (GDEs) in fuel cells
- Accounting for the bipolar plate structure in fuel cells
This course assumes familiarity with the fundamentals of electrochemistry. We strongly recommend that those new to COMSOL Multiphysics take the COMSOL Multiphysics Intensive Training course prior to attending this class.
Pricing & Payment Methods
The price for this 1-day course is $695.00 per person.
- We offer an academic discount to those who qualify. The academic rate for this course is $395.
- A discounted group rate of $1,695 is offered for three attendees from the same commercial institution registering for this course. This discount may not be combined with any other offer.
- Commercial registrants who sign up for 3 or more consecutive days of training will qualify for 20% off their course fee. This discount may not be combined with any other offer.
We accept payment by credit card, company purchase order, check, wire, or direct deposit. For security purposes, please do not send credit card information via email. COMSOL will contact you by phone to confirm the payment information.
Mail payments or purchase orders to:
100 District Avenue
Burlington, MA 01803
Fax purchase orders to:
Register for Batteries & Fuel Cells