Heat Transfer Modeling (2 Days)
If you are interested in solving heat transfer problems using COMSOL Multiphysics®, this is the course for you. During this 2-day course, we will cover the modeling of heat transfer via conduction, convection, and radiation in solids and fluids. Modeling of temperature fields in solids, liquids, gases, porous materials, thin-walled parts, and pipes will be addressed. Additionally, you will learn about modeling multiphysics problems in which temperature fields are computed along with electromagnetic fields, structural deformations, and other physics.
To teach this course, we complement hands-on problem solving with discussions of relevant theory and best practices. By the end of the course, you will know how to successfully and efficiently set up heat transfer simulations using the COMSOL® software. Based upon the interests of the class attendees, problems from the following areas will be addressed:
- Steady-state, transient, and time-periodic solutions
- Heat conduction in stationary and moving solids
- Modeling of liquids and gases via explicit and approximate approaches
- Free- and forced-convection modeling
- Bioheat transfer
- Electromagnetic heating
- Heat transfer in porous media
- Surface-to-ambient and surface-to-surface radiation
- Radiation with wavelength-dependent emissivity
- Radiation in participating media
- Phase change processes
This course assumes some familiarity with the basic concepts of heat transfer and fluid dynamics. We strongly recommend that those new to COMSOL Multiphysics® take the COMSOL Multiphysics® Intensive course prior to attending this class.
Pricing & Payment Methods
The price for this 2-day course is $1,295.00 per person.
- We offer an academic discount to those who qualify. The academic rate for this course is $850.
We accept payment by credit card, company purchase order, check, wire, or direct deposit. For security purposes, please do not send credit card information via email. COMSOL will contact you by phone to confirm the payment information.
Mail payments or purchase orders to:
One First Street, Suite 4
Los Altos, CA 94022
Fax purchase orders to: