Optimization in COMSOL Multiphysics
The optimization process finds the values for the variables that are able to change our model in order to fit some criteria. Changes introduced in the model may be related to the geometry or to the parameters used to describe the physical behavior (e.g. mechanical or thermal properties). The aim of this course is to describe the tools provided by COMSOL Multiphysics® in optimization analysis. We start with a brief theoretical introduction and continue by showing practical examples related to several areas of physics.
- Introduction to optimization analysis
- Parameterizing with COMSOL Multiphysics® and running parametric sweeps
- Examples of gradient-based and derivative-free optimization
- Hints on moving mesh and possible application to geometry optimization
- Sensitivity analysis with COMSOL Multiphysics®
- Optimization algorithms available in the Optimization Module
- Multianalysis optimization
- Constraints in optimization: types and their handling
- Optimization: best practices
- Least squares objective optimization problems
- Topological optimization
This course assumes familiarity with COMSOL Multiphysics®. We strongly recommend that those new to the COMSOL® software take the COMSOL Multiphysics® Introduction Training course prior to attending this class.
Pricing & Payment Methods
The price for this 1-day course is $695.00 per person.
- We offer an academic discount to those who qualify. The academic rate for this course is $495.
We accept payment by credit card, company purchase order, check, wire, or direct deposit. For security purposes, please do not send credit card information via email. COMSOL will contact you by phone to confirm the payment information.
Mail payments or purchase orders to:
One First Street, Suite 4
Los Altos, CA 94022
Fax purchase orders to: