This course is the recommended starting point for learning how to use the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. During this training course, you will develop a strong foundation for your future multiphysics modeling work. We start at an introductory level, leading students through the essential steps needed in all analyses (geometry creation, interactive meshing techniques, model setup, postprocessing, etc.) Then, we move into more advanced topics, such as solution techniques and multiphysics modeling.
To teach this course, we use a combination of instructor- and self-guided hands-on exercises as well as theoretical and practical lectures. The goal is to immerse you in all of the main aspects of using COMSOL Multiphysics®, so that you feel comfortable working with the software. You will leave the course feeling confident that you are correctly solving your simulation problems with COMSOL Multiphysics®.
After 2 days of class, there will be a 1-day gap where trainees work on assigned exercises and explore features in the software related to their own application areas. This course is the web version of the 2-day COMSOL Multiphysics® Intensive training course. It aims to provide the same material online for attendees that cannot travel to course locations.
- COMSOL Multiphysics® modeling workflow
- COMSOL Multiphysics® graphical user interface
- Key features of the COMSOL Multiphysics® architecture
- Geometry import and geometry creation
- Practical and theoretical aspects of multiphysics modeling and efficient solution techniques
- Understanding the theory behind the linear and nonlinear finite element method
- Considerations for coupling different physics together
- Adding equations and couplings to the problems
- Finding, understanding, and eliminating errors in the model
- Modeling time-dependent problems with explicit or implicit events
- Work on exercises (no class)
- More on global parameters, variables, functions, probes and nonlocal couplings
- Best practices for meshing geometry
- Use of moving and adaptive meshes
- Summary of best practices for modeling in COMSOL Multiphysics®
The COMSOL Multiphysics® Introductory training course is suitable for anyone with an engineering, physics, or science background. No previous experience with COMSOL Multiphysics® is required.
Pricing & Payment Methods
The price for this online training course is $795 per person.
- We offer an academic discount to those who qualify. The academic rate for this course is $595.
We accept payment by credit card, company purchase order, check, wire, or direct deposit. For security purposes, please do not send credit card information via email.
This training course will be recorded, and the recording will be made available to all paid registrants.
Mail payments or purchase orders to:
100 District Avenue
Burlington, MA 01803
Fax purchase orders to:
Training Course Details
October 18–21, 2022 | 11:00 a.m. EDT (UTC-04:00)
Jaymin Patel is an applications engineer at COMSOL. His focus is on products related to CFD, heat transfer, and chemical engineering. He received his master's degree in chemical engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology.