Introducing COMSOL Multiphysics® Version 5.4 - Archived
In this webinar, you will get an introduction to the latest version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. Version 5.4 makes available COMSOL Compiler™ for simulation specialists to compile their numerical modeling apps into executable files that can be distributed to anyone, without license file restrictions. The latest update of COMSOL Multiphysics® features new modeling tools, important performance improvements, and a new Composite Materials Module.
The webinar will include a live demo of COMSOL Compiler™ and conclude with a Q&A session.
Version 5.4 Release Highlights:
- New: COMSOL Compiler™
- New: Composite Materials Module
- More than one Parameter node in the Model Builder
- Ability to group Model Builder nodes into folders
- Ability to assign colors to models based on selections
- Faster solution time in the Windows® operating system
- Fully parametric and ready-to-use parts for coils and magnetic cores
- Heat transfer, electric currents, and Joule heating in thin-layered structures
- Shock response spectrum analysis
- Material activation for additive manufacturing
- Acoustic ports
- Large eddy simulation (LES)
- Fluid-structure interaction (FSI) for multibody dynamics and multiphase flow
- Heat radiation with diffuse-specular reflections and semitransparent surfaces
- Light-diffusion equation
Archived Webinar Details
Bjorn Sjodin is the VP of product management at COMSOL. He has been with COMSOL since 1995 and started out as a member of the development team in Stockholm, Sweden. He joined the COMSOL office in Burlington in 2002.