Tune into this webinar to learn about the exciting new features available in the AC/DC Module as of version 5.3a of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. Some of the updates include:
- New functionality for magnetostatics modeling based on the boundary element method
- A new material model for modeling soft permanent magnets
- New functionality for the definition of moving and deforming domains, which facilitates multiphysics modeling that involves moving meshes
- The straightforward setup of coupled electromagnetic, thermal, and fluid flow analyses for electric motors
- New application examples and tutorials to illustrate eddy current modeling of thin insulating layers (laminations) and the computation of electromagnetic forces
Many of these new features will be demonstrated live in the software. You can ask questions throughout the webinar or at the end during the Q&A session.
Register for New AC/DC Module Features in COMSOL® 5.3a Webinar
COMSOL AB Magnus Olsson joined COMSOL in 1996 and currently leads development for the electromagnetic design products. He holds an MSc in engineering physics and a PhD in plasma physics and fusion research. Prior to joining COMSOL, he worked as a consulting specialist in electromagnetic computations for the Swedish armed forces.