New Acoustics Module Features in COMSOL® 5.3 Webinar - Archived
Tune into this webinar to learn about the new functionality for modeling acoustics in the latest release of the COMSOL® software. In COMSOL Multiphysics® version 5.3, the Acoustics Module includes tools that greatly improve time-domain simulations of acoustics phenomena and facilitate solving large acoustics-based models. Further improvements, based on the feedback from our users, include an array of new physics features and options as well as new postprocessing tools. Some of the updates include:
- Perfectly matched layers (PMLs) for pressure acoustics in the time domain
- A thermoviscous acoustics formulation for the time domain
- The ability to control transient solver settings at the physics level for more robust simulations
- Ready-to-use suggested solver options for iterative solvers
- A new stabilization technique for linearized Navier-Stokes analyses that is based on the Galerkin least squares method
- A new Biot-Allard model to include thermal and viscous losses in poroelastic wave simulations
- A new interior Perforated plate condition
During this webinar, you will see how to use these new and improved features. We will give a live demonstration of how to use PMLs in the time domain as well as showcase the new solver settings for transient models and the new predefined iterative solver suggestions. We will also highlight some of the tutorial models that use the new features.
You can ask questions throughout the presentation or during the Q&A session at the end.
Archived Webinar Details
COMSOL A/S Mads Herring Jensen is a technical product manager for acoustics who joined COMSOL in 2011. Before starting at COMSOL, he worked in the hearing aid industry for five years as an acoustic finite element expert. Mads has a PhD in computational fluid dynamics from the Technical University of Denmark.