Release Highlights of COMSOL Multiphysics® Version 5.5 - Archived
Get an overview of the latest version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software, version 5.5, in this webinar.
Among the many new features and functionality, the Design Module now provides an entirely new sketching tool for easier creation and more versatile parametric control of geometry models. New and updated solvers speed up a wide range of simulations. Version 5.5 also includes two new add-on products, the Porous Media Flow Module and the Metal Processing Module, which further expand on the product suite's multiphysics modeling power.
The webinar will include a live demo of some of the new features and conclude with a Q&A session.
Version 5.5 Release Highlights:
- New sketching tool with dimensions and constraints
- Fast linear elastic wave simulations
- New Metal Processing Module for welding, heat treatment, and metal additive manufacturing
- New Porous Media Flow Module for food, pharmaceutical, and biomedical industries
- Improved tools for shape and topology optimization for mechanical, acoustics, electromagnetics, heat, fluid, and chemical analysis
- Import/export of the 3D printing and additive manufacturing formats PLY and 3MF
- Editing tools for repair of STL, PLY, and 3MF files
- Structural analysis of nonlinear shells, pipe mechanics, random vibration, and chain drives
- Compressible Euler flow and nonisothermal large eddy simulation (LES)
- Rotating machinery with level set, phase field, Euler–Euler, and bubbly flow
- Lumped thermal system equivalent circuits
- Multiple spectral bands for radiation in participating media
- More efficient open boundary condition for convective heat transfer
- Use of thermodynamic database properties in any simulation type
- Combined full-wave and ray optics simulations
- Piezoelectric and dielectric shells
- New PCB ports for vias and transmission lines
- Link images to Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations
- Create your own add-ins for customizing the Model Builder workflow
- Minimum-sized standalone applications files with COMSOL Compiler™
Archived Webinar Details
Uttam Pal joined COMSOL as an applications engineer in 2015. Before joining COMSOL, he worked in opto-semiconductor startup and as a patent analyst in the fields of optics, robotics, and image processing. He received his master’s degree in the field of computational electromagnetics from the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.