Loudspeaker Web Workshop - Archived
Loudspeakers are electroacoustic transducers that use electromagnetic forces to generate sound.
In this workshop, we will discuss:
- Modeling four common types of loudspeakers that have different working mechanisms (moving coil, balanced armature, piezoelectric, and electrostatic)
- Using the COMSOL® software's built-in multiphysics couplings used for loudspeaker design
- Coupling the structural vibration and the acoustic pressure fluctuations at the solid–fluid interface
- Using the exterior field calculation to compute acoustic pressure outside the computational domain
- Calculating acoustic indicators such as the radiation pattern and sound pressure level
Archived Webinar Details
Mark Cops is an applications engineer at COMSOL, specializing in acoustics. He received his PhD from Boston University's Department of Mechanical Engineering, where he investigated the physics and applications of using metallic foam for controlling sound and vibration.