Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D Window control with Space Navigator 3D-mouse

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

I use a 3dconnexion Spave Navigator for control in SolidWorks.
In COMSOL such devices are (to my disappointment) not supported.
Does anbody know about a feature request? If not and more people would be interested
in this, I'd very much like to make a feature request out of this...
What does the community think about this?

Regards,
Markus

12 Replies Last Post Jan 13, 2022, 10:55 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 8, 2010, 5:29 a.m. EDT
I would also like this feature :)
I would also like if the forum had a function for deleting my previous post...

BR
Kim Folmer Andersen
I would also like this feature :) I would also like if the forum had a function for deleting my previous post... BR Kim Folmer Andersen

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 8, 2010, 6:42 a.m. EDT
At least one more ^^ :-)

Do you know how to send feature requests to COMSOL?

Best,
Markus Berger
At least one more ^^ :-) Do you know how to send feature requests to COMSOL? Best, Markus Berger

Tom Alexander Solgård

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 9, 2010, 4:54 a.m. EDT
I would definitely like this feature.
I would definitely like this feature.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 10, 2010, 5:47 a.m. EDT
Hi

I do not have such a fancy thing, but I can understand the wish ;)

My way, in such cases, is to mail a short mail with some good arguments to "suggest" see the COMSOL main web contact page

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I do not have such a fancy thing, but I can understand the wish ;) My way, in such cases, is to mail a short mail with some good arguments to "suggest" see the COMSOL main web contact page -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 11, 2010, 3:10 a.m. EDT
I have just written a suggestion to COMSOL, let's see.
Maybe the others who showed interest in the topic could also do it,
so COMSOL can see that I am not th only one :-)

Best,
Markus
I have just written a suggestion to COMSOL, let's see. Maybe the others who showed interest in the topic could also do it, so COMSOL can see that I am not th only one :-) Best, Markus

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 20, 2010, 5:06 a.m. EST
I'd like to have this support too. I'm using SpacePilotPro and it's really a mess the fact that I can't use it with Comsol4. Anyway. I've downloaded che SDK from the 3DConnexion site. I would know how difficult the programming of this peripheral can be.
I'd like to have this support too. I'm using SpacePilotPro and it's really a mess the fact that I can't use it with Comsol4. Anyway. I've downloaded che SDK from the 3DConnexion site. I would know how difficult the programming of this peripheral can be.

Tom Alexander Solgård

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 20, 2010, 6:19 a.m. EST

Well is it difficult?
[QUOTE] I'd like to have this support too. I'm using SpacePilotPro and it's really a mess the fact that I can't use it with Comsol4. Anyway. I've downloaded che SDK from the 3DConnexion site. I would know how difficult the programming of this peripheral can be. [/QUOTE] Well is it difficult?

Hanna Gothäll COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 16, 2013, 10:01 a.m. EST
This is not tested, but I assume it would be possible to use such a mouse if you use the integrated interface for COMSOL simulations inside SolidWorks or Inventor.
This is not tested, but I assume it would be possible to use such a mouse if you use the integrated interface for COMSOL simulations inside SolidWorks or Inventor.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago Oct 5, 2017, 2:59 p.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Sep 13, 2019, 11:50 a.m. EDT

One of the exciting news announced at the COMSOL Conference is that the upcoming version 5.3a will support the 3DConnexion SpaceMouse. Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
One of the exciting news announced at the COMSOL Conference is that the upcoming [version 5.3a](https://www.comsol.com/release/5.3a) will support the 3DConnexion SpaceMouse. Jeff

Posted: 6 years ago Oct 10, 2017, 3:08 p.m. EDT

One of the exciting news announced at the COMSOL Conference is that the upcoming version 5.3a will support the 3DConnexion SpaceMouse. Jeff

That would be highly appreciated!

>One of the exciting news announced at the COMSOL Conference is that the upcoming version 5.3a will support the 3DConnexion SpaceMouse. >Jeff That would be highly appreciated!

Posted: 4 years ago Oct 24, 2019, 10:24 a.m. EDT
Updated: 4 years ago Oct 24, 2019, 6:24 a.m. EDT

3DConnexion, the makers of SpaceMouse, now officially recognize COMSOL Multiphysics as a support software. See their webpage.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
3DConnexion, the makers of SpaceMouse, now officially recognize COMSOL Multiphysics as a support software. See [their webpage](https://www.3dconnexion.com/supported-software/software0.html). Best, Jeff

Posted: 2 years ago Jan 13, 2022, 10:55 a.m. EST

Those reading this thread will find today's COMSOL blog post, 2 ways to use a 3DConnexion SpaceMouse with COMSOL, of interest.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Those reading this thread will find today's COMSOL blog post, [2 ways to use a 3DConnexion SpaceMouse with COMSOL](https://www.comsol.com/blogs/2-ways-to-use-a-3dconnexion-spacemouse-with-comsol/), of interest. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.