Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Piston Cylinder Simulation

Avinash Ravandur Shivakumar

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to simulate oil flow in a piston cylinder assembly.

The flow is incompressible and so I am using the Incompressible Navierstokes ---> Transient analysis application made.

However, inorder to simulate the linear movement of the piston inside the cylinder, I dont know which application mode has to used.

Can someone please guide me regarding this ?

I would appreciate if anyone who has done simulations of Piston-Cylinder assembly can provide me with the simulation files, so that I can get an idea of the boundary conditions !!

With Best Ragrds
Nash

1 Reply Last Post Oct 15, 2014, 7:26 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Avinash Ravandur Shivakumar

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago Oct 15, 2014, 7:26 a.m. EDT
Hi, guys!
I have some problems in modeling my project. I dont know how to make cylinder with water inside. Do you know? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Hi, guys! I have some problems in modeling my project. I dont know how to make cylinder with water inside. Do you know? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.