Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL support for GPU-acceleration for CFD simulations?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear COMSOL-Team,

are there plans to include GPU-acceleration into COMSOL CFD simulations (such as ANSYS FLUENT or openFOAM/RapidCFD)? I am working in microfluidics with multi-phase flows, i.e. gas-focusing of a liquid to micron-sized liquid streams that break up into microdroplets. Example here:

"Microfluidic liquid jet system with compatibility for atmospheric and high-vacuum conditions"
M. Trebbin, K. Krüger, D. DePonte, S.V. Roth, H.N. Chapman, S. Förster*, Lab Chip 2014, 14, 1733-1745. DOI: 10.1039/C3LC51363G

Looking forward to your reply.

Best wishes,
Martin Trebbin

1 Reply Last Post Jul 11, 2016, 10:10 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Jul 11, 2016, 10:10 a.m. EDT
Hello Martin,
I believe Niklas's remarks in this thread are still current: www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/39402
Best,
Jeff
Hello Martin, I believe Niklas's remarks in this thread are still current: https://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/39402 Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.