Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

RF Model - Interface Electric Field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to impose, in the RF In-Plane Hybrid Wave 2D Model, an electric field at the interface between two different media. In particular I am interested in having both component parallel and perpendicular to interface, which is not a plane one. At the moment I have divided the model in two domains, and I can in theory impose the electric field as a boundary condition. I tried to connect the two domains by setting the electric field z component of one domain as boundary condition for the other domain.
Probably there is something wrong, as when I apply only electric field surface parallel component I obtain a field distribution, while no field at all rises if I apply just an electric field surface normal component...

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you for you kind attention,
Best,
Emanuele

0 Replies Last Post Jul 6, 2009, 4:31 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Emanuele Castagna

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.