Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

error 6250 with Piecewise Analytic Functions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am using COMSOL 3.5 with the general heat transfers model.

I would like to impose an energy flow to a sub-domain, and this energy flow is function of time. Thus, I have written the polynomial equations of the flow in "options, functions, Piecewise Analytic Functions". The argument is t (time). The flux is cut into several equations during time.

But when I try to run the temporal model I have an error 6250 : Failed to evaluate variable jacobian. And the problem comes from the variable defined in “functions”

I have the same error with every equation I try, even the simplest (like f(t)=0 for 0<t<end). But when I write the same equation directly in the sub-domain, I have no error.

I guess the polynomial equations are correctly written because I can have a view of them when I press on “graph”.

As I try the model with simple equations, I don’t think the extrapolation or smoothing can help.

Where does my problem could come from?

Sincerely,
Anne-Maude Bazin

2 Replies Last Post May 8, 2012, 7:30 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 23, 2010, 4:50 a.m. EST
Hi

I suspect its because your function is not smooth enough and the internal task to get the derivatives for the Jacobian are failing. I would suggest that you check your curve and perhaps smoothens it somewhat at the transition points. And/or play with the polynomial fit order, or both

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I suspect its because your function is not smooth enough and the internal task to get the derivatives for the Jacobian are failing. I would suggest that you check your curve and perhaps smoothens it somewhat at the transition points. And/or play with the polynomial fit order, or both -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 8, 2012, 7:30 a.m. EDT
Hi!
did you manage to solve your problem? i am in the same situation and don't know what to do.

Thanks,
Roman.
Hi! did you manage to solve your problem? i am in the same situation and don't know what to do. Thanks, Roman.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.