Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Timeints, Livelink Matlab, and Histograms

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I'm working on CEM43 calculations, which are given by 1/60 * (0.25+0.25*(T>43[degC]))^(43[degC] - T)).
Ultimately, I want to extract this data for a certain domain and then create a histogram from that data. The challenge is that I cannot create a histogram from mesh data, because the mesh is not evenly spaced. I can let COMSOL create the histogram of the data, but it is very very slow, and tinkering with plot/exporting is painful. Does anyone know some way to either A: export data for a specific domain as an evenly spaced mesh (I could export a uniform grid, but the domain is a complex shape, so that is maybe not the most useful) or B: create a running integral as a dataset which I can work with without evaluating the whole time integral every time I need to plot?
Thanks
Yoni

Version 5.2a

1 Reply Last Post Jul 5, 2017, 3:35 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yoni Chatzinoff

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Jul 5, 2017, 3:35 p.m. EDT
In case anyone runs into this problem:
1. You can create a running time integral using the Domain ODE and DAE interface. If using a dependent variable (eg T) care should be taken to use a segregated solver.
2. Plots can be exported as uniform grids of specified size, available on the export menu.
In case anyone runs into this problem: 1. You can create a running time integral using the Domain ODE and DAE interface. If using a dependent variable (eg T) care should be taken to use a segregated solver. 2. Plots can be exported as uniform grids of specified size, available on the export menu.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.