Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am simulating a 2D MODEL of an HBr flow battery. I have put in all the necessary physics and trying to simulate it with an auxiliary sweep for V_cell. The solver computes 4 values and shows me the following error:
Failed to find a solution for all parameters,
even when using the minimum parameter step.
No convergence, even when using the minimum damping factor.
Returned solution is not converged.
I have tried to vary many parameters in the solver for example the scaling of dependable variables, number of iterations etc but still having the same problem.

Anyone has any idea what could be going wrong?

1 Reply Last Post Oct 5, 2016, 5:34 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Oct 5, 2016, 5:34 p.m. EDT
Hello,

If you have parameter with values p1, p2, p3, p4, ... p10, and the model solves for p1, p2, and p3, but not the rest, then I would review the results for the parameter values that did solve (did converge).
This may give you a clue as to what is happening at the value p4 that does not solve.
The issue may be the "physics" at parameter=p4.
Look carefully at the results for p1, p2, and p3 and see if you can understand what is happening (to see what trend there is in the solved variables).

-DW
Hello, If you have parameter with values p1, p2, p3, p4, ... p10, and the model solves for p1, p2, and p3, but not the rest, then I would review the results for the parameter values that did solve (did converge). This may give you a clue as to what is happening at the value p4 that does not solve. The issue may be the "physics" at parameter=p4. Look carefully at the results for p1, p2, and p3 and see if you can understand what is happening (to see what trend there is in the solved variables). -DW

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.