Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time dependent solver - storing only the final timestep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm running a transient heat transfer analysis and the solution size is rather large, so I would like to only store the result at the end of the analysis (last timestep) rather than at several intermediate timesteps. Is there a way to do this?

1 Reply Last Post Oct 25, 2016, 10:08 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Oct 25, 2016, 10:08 p.m. EDT
Have you tried doing normalized times = 0, 1? If it auto-time-steps it should reduce the actual time step sufficiently short to resolve the kinetics during the interval, then save only the initial and final values, I would think, but I'm sort of a newb compared to others here.
Have you tried doing normalized times = 0, 1? If it auto-time-steps it should reduce the actual time step sufficiently short to resolve the kinetics during the interval, then save only the initial and final values, I would think, but I'm sort of a newb compared to others here.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.