Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Norm of Magnetic Flux on Boundaries

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I recently noticed that when using the AC/DC module, the norm of the magnetic fields on the boundary of a permeable/permanently magnetized domain is not equal to:

sqrt(mfnc.Bx^2 + mfnc.By^2 + mfnc.Bz^2)

Plotting this on the same axis as mfnc.normB does not give the same plots.

When I create a slice plot of the difference in these two quantities inside the magnetic domains, it shows zero everywhere. However, when I generate a surface plot, the difference between these two is not zero on the surface of magnetized/magnetically susceptible domains. Shouldn't these be equivalent, even on boundaries?

Thanks,
-Matt

0 Replies Last Post Oct 28, 2016, 9:24 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello WRS433

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.