Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

apply a limiter function for the solution in time-depedent simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi, dea all,

I have such a question. I have a one variable time-dependent problem, let's say the variable is T.
'T' is meaningful when it is below a threshold value, 'Tmax'. When 'T' is larger than that, the
simulation will blow up.

Is it possible to apply a limiter function on 'T' after each time step, such that when
'T' is above 'Tmax', its solution will be forced to be equal to 'Tmax'. This does not sound
like a tricky operation for a normal in-house code, right? Also it does not really matter which
module I am using or whether PDE is used, right?

Thanks in advance,
lailai

0 Replies Last Post Nov 13, 2016, 8:57 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello sandy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.