Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Toroidal Magnetic Field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to model a toroidal, or ring, shaped magnet using a 2d axial symmetric model. The magnet is .01 tesla and surrounds a stainless steel ring, basically a square donut (steel) in a square donut (magnet). I think my problem may be in several areas. Following the example I used 4000 for the ur value and then I am using .010 T for the Br in the first box and 0 in the second box. I am only using the positive 4000. First question: should I be modeling the magnet in 3 parts, positive side, negative side, and netural inbetween or should I be doing it as one material like I am doing now with one region representing the magnet? Second question: The steel piece is just being modeled with ur of 1 (default for steel in comsol) and no other option because it is using the B = u0urH equaiton...is this correct? I expected the magnet field to be more of a ring shape around the magnet but that is not what I am getting.

0 Replies Last Post Oct 22, 2009, 12:38 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Michael Spencer

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.