Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

numeric time integral - cumulative sum

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everbody,

my problem is about combustion reaction in comsol. I want to burn a porous layer of dust. the problem of the reactive flow in porous media toolbox is, that all species are fluids, and therefore my solid carbon is moving. The oxygen flow is modeled by this toolbox and a reaction rate is calculated.

My idea is, o define a variable "c_0" and subtract the carbon loss every timestep.

something like: c(t) = c_0 - cumsum(reactionrate*timestep)

the carbon concetration c(t) should influence the prorosity, heat capacity etc. of the bulk material.

mybe iam off the track or biased my matlab - but i have no idea how to solve this.

thanks in advance for your help.

0 Replies Last Post Nov 28, 2016, 7:03 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Christoph Wanke

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.