Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat Transfer Module - radiation calculations separation

Przemysław Czechowski

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I created a model in which I want to calculate steady-state temperatures of assembly of solids with given boundary temperature, heat dissipation and so on.

And I managed to do that using Heat Transfer in Solids interface with Surface-to-Surface radiation option switched on.

However, calculations take much time, mainly because of the need of consideration of radiative effects.

I was wondering if there's a way to do the radiation calculations separately - just to find the radiative interface between every two nodes. Then using this data, I would like to calculate a few thermal cases, using different boundary conditions for temperature and heat dissipation.

So, whatever the program calculates to get radiation heat transfer (view factors?), I would like to store it somewhere and then use it as input for a "thermal" case to avoid exceeding computation time, if I don't change the geometry or any radiation properties between different thermal analysis cases.

I'm sure there's an easy way to do it, which I, as a beginner, yet don't know.

Looking forward to Your help,
PCZ

0 Replies Last Post Dec 1, 2016, 12:01 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Przemysław Czechowski

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.