Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Diametrically magnetized Arc Magnet

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I am trying to simulate the diametrically magnetized arc neodymium magnet in COMSOL 3D. But I don't know how to define the Remanent magnetization of diametrically magnetized arc magnet in x, y ,z coordinates. Can anybody guide me regarding this ?
Thanks

2 Replies Last Post Dec 5, 2016, 11:27 a.m. EST

Posted: 7 years ago Dec 5, 2016, 11:24 a.m. EST
If it is magnetized across the diameter, then it will simply be a uni-directional vector. I suspect your magnet is magnetised radially, in which case the attached images will help.

If it is magnetized across the diameter, then it will simply be a uni-directional vector. I suspect your magnet is magnetised radially, in which case the attached images will help.

Posted: 7 years ago Dec 5, 2016, 11:27 a.m. EST
Note that these definitions assume you have attached a BH curve to your material, if you want to assume a linear demagnetisation curve, you can replace the expressions with:

Br*cos(atan2(y,x))

and

Br*sin(atan2(y,x))

and

Note that these definitions assume you have attached a BH curve to your material, if you want to assume a linear demagnetisation curve, you can replace the expressions with: Br*cos(atan2(y,x)) and Br*sin(atan2(y,x)) and 0

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.