Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Build 2 meshes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I try to do a simulation of a structure containing a small defect, so I would be led to build two mesh, a normal mesh for the large structure, and between finer for the defect, I managed to do it, but During computation, comsol takes into account only the first mesh and it warns me that the second one does not contain mesh, I am blocked help me. Thank you

2 Replies Last Post Dec 21, 2016, 9:07 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 7 years ago Dec 18, 2016, 10:11 a.m. EST
Hi

A given solver node refers to only ONE mesh (at the time), but your one mesh can contain coarse and locally fine elements at will.

There are also other solver options like adaptive mesh, mesh refinements.

Check the COMSOL site videos on meshing

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi A given solver node refers to only ONE mesh (at the time), but your one mesh can contain coarse and locally fine elements at will. There are also other solver options like adaptive mesh, mesh refinements. Check the COMSOL site videos on meshing -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 7 years ago Dec 21, 2016, 9:07 a.m. EST
I agree with Ivar. Generally you can create two separate domains while you are creating your geometry. Then when you generate your mesh (add a new mesh and) define two different size/types of mesh for each domain separately.
Finally you have a big mesh to introduce to solver which contains different and separate meshes for each domain.
I agree with Ivar. Generally you can create two separate domains while you are creating your geometry. Then when you generate your mesh (add a new mesh and) define two different size/types of mesh for each domain separately. Finally you have a big mesh to introduce to solver which contains different and separate meshes for each domain.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.