Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

modelling end inductance and end resistance of an induction motor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to model end winding resistance and end inductance of an Induction motor using electric circuit interface. My model works fine and produces good results when I keep only resistance with External I Vs. U . As soon as I connect with inductor, resistance and External I Vs. U 1, my model doesnot converge. Can any one suggest what is going on wrong here?

With best regards,
Gaurav

1 Reply Last Post Dec 26, 2016, 2:30 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Dec 26, 2016, 2:30 a.m. EST
Now further if I follow ""Solver configurations >> Time dependent Solver >> Settings >> Time stepping >> Error estimate >> Exclude algebraic". Solution converges but voltage across the coil doesnot come good. Can anyone suggest what could be wrong here?

With best regards,
Gaurav
Now further if I follow ""Solver configurations >> Time dependent Solver >> Settings >> Time stepping >> Error estimate >> Exclude algebraic". Solution converges but voltage across the coil doesnot come good. Can anyone suggest what could be wrong here? With best regards, Gaurav

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.