Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

About password protected model file running on cluster

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,
I am looking for some help about using comsol software. Hope somebody could lend a hand.
Recently, I am trying to run a password protected model file on cluster with Linux for parallel computing. I still don’t know how to input password of the model file using command on the Linux server, after reading a lot of references. While in the GUI of Windows system, there is a prompt of inputting password before running the model.
By the way, the command for running the *.mph file without password protection does work, as following:
“comsol batch -inputfile model.mph -outputfile result.mph”
Thank you very much.

1 Reply Last Post Jan 3, 2017, 12:21 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Jan 3, 2017, 12:21 a.m. EST
Dear all,
I am working on a proton exchange membrane fuel cell model which couples fluid dynamics, electrochemistry, thermal, mass transfer and two-phase flow of water. The model is established for optimization of fuel cell stack design and control strategy. The developed model works well with small sizes in my workstation with 32G RAM, but I am trying to simulate real geometry of our fuel cell products of which the geometry is relatively big and mesh number comes up to 3 millions plus. The geometry is not symmetrical for anode and cathode and the flow channel designs are complicated.
That's why I am looking for help of parallel computing and corresponding encryption to protect the detailed fuel cell stack design. To protect the *.mph file editting, one could set password in the model, but I don't know how to run the password protected mph file in the linux server with appropriate command. Wish anybody could help me and thanks so much.
Cong
Dear all, I am working on a proton exchange membrane fuel cell model which couples fluid dynamics, electrochemistry, thermal, mass transfer and two-phase flow of water. The model is established for optimization of fuel cell stack design and control strategy. The developed model works well with small sizes in my workstation with 32G RAM, but I am trying to simulate real geometry of our fuel cell products of which the geometry is relatively big and mesh number comes up to 3 millions plus. The geometry is not symmetrical for anode and cathode and the flow channel designs are complicated. That's why I am looking for help of parallel computing and corresponding encryption to protect the detailed fuel cell stack design. To protect the *.mph file editting, one could set password in the model, but I don't know how to run the password protected mph file in the linux server with appropriate command. Wish anybody could help me and thanks so much. Cong

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.