Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Linear Halbach Array Model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to model a linear halbach array of permanent magnets to be used in magnetic levitation. I would like to plot the levitation force exerted on an array of magnets (due to eddy currents) as they pass over an aluminum track at constant acceleration. I have looked at similar Comsol models, but I am not able to piece everything together.

Thank you

-Tom

2 Replies Last Post Jan 3, 2017, 8:56 p.m. EST
Nirmal Paudel Tribhuvan University/Electrical Engineering

Posted: 7 years ago Jan 3, 2017, 8:48 p.m. EST
Hi Tom,

You might find the following two examples helpful to get the linear halbach array and eddy current simulation.
www.comsol.com/model/electrodynamic-wheel-magnetic-levitation-in-2d-44871
www.comsol.com/model/linear-magnetic-gear-35711

Best Regards,
Nirmal

Hi Tom, You might find the following two examples helpful to get the linear halbach array and eddy current simulation. https://www.comsol.com/model/electrodynamic-wheel-magnetic-levitation-in-2d-44871 https://www.comsol.com/model/linear-magnetic-gear-35711 Best Regards, Nirmal

Posted: 7 years ago Jan 3, 2017, 8:56 p.m. EST
Hi Nirmal,

I have looked at those, but unfortunately I am running Comsol 5.1, not 5.2a, so I can't open those files. Also, there are no step by step instructions for that model
Hi Nirmal, I have looked at those, but unfortunately I am running Comsol 5.1, not 5.2a, so I can't open those files. Also, there are no step by step instructions for that model

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.