Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

turbulence model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello,
i am trying to build a model in which the 4 cylindrical heat sources are cooled by forced convection. The turbulence model I ues is k-ε model, but when I turn the flow velocity into lower ones, the result of simulation becomes diverging. Could anyone give me some advice to solve this?

2 Replies Last Post Jan 6, 2017, 9:21 a.m. EST

Posted: 7 years ago Jan 5, 2017, 4:43 p.m. EST
interested in the suggestions... av a similar challenge but in my own case, fluid flow refuses to take temperature from heat transfer making the multiphysics coupling impossible. I am using 4.3b.
interested in the suggestions... av a similar challenge but in my own case, fluid flow refuses to take temperature from heat transfer making the multiphysics coupling impossible. I am using 4.3b.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Jan 6, 2017, 9:21 a.m. EST
Heat transfer between a solid domain and a fluid domain is referred to as conjugate heat transfer. You will find a conjugate heat transfer tutorial in the Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics manual, version 5.2a, starting on page 114 (cdn.comsol.com/documentation/5...uctionToCOMSOLMultiphysics.pdf).
All manuals are accessed through File>Help>Documentation.
Best regards,
Jeff
Heat transfer between a solid domain and a fluid domain is referred to as conjugate heat transfer. You will find a conjugate heat transfer tutorial in the Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics manual, version 5.2a, starting on page 114 (cdn.comsol.com/documentation/5...uctionToCOMSOLMultiphysics.pdf). All manuals are accessed through File>Help>Documentation. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.