Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

CPU Clock Usage

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

Me and my mentor are using an Intel Xeon e5 v4 processor with 3.70 Ghz maximum frequency on Windows 10.
We are solving battery problem with heat transfer coupling.

As we noticed, while the simulation is going on, the CPU clock is fluctuating and barely hits up to 3.7 Ghz. It stayls mostly around 2.7 Ghz.

Is there any way to use the CPU at the maximum clock speed?

Thanks

Erdem

1 Reply Last Post Feb 10, 2017, 9:06 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Feb 10, 2017, 9:06 a.m. EST
Dear Erdem,

Do you have Hyperthreading activated?
There is a very good Knowledge Base entry about this topic: www.comsol.de/support/knowledgebase/1096/,/
You need to log in onto your COMSOL access account to view this entry.

I hope this helps you further.
Do not hesitate to contact the COMSOL technical support.

Best regards,

Gilles
Dear Erdem, Do you have Hyperthreading activated? There is a very good Knowledge Base entry about this topic: https://www.comsol.de/support/knowledgebase/1096/,/ You need to log in onto your COMSOL access account to view this entry. I hope this helps you further. Do not hesitate to contact the COMSOL technical support. Best regards, Gilles

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.