Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dependent variables not solved for and parametric studies

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!
Sorry if this has been answered before, but a quick search didn't find a solution.

I have 2 time dependent studies. In Study 1 I have a parametric sweep:
A = 1,2,3,4,5...
and the final time is 10 seconds.

Then in Study 2 I want:
A = 1,2,3,4,5...
and the time to go from 10 to 20 seconds.

Can I make it so that the initial conditions from Study 2 load the solutions from Study 1 with the same parameter value A? Basically so I can do this:

Study 2, A = 1 would take an initial condition as the last time step from Study 1, A = 1
Study 2, A = 2 would take an initial condition as the last time step from Study 1, A = 2
... and so on.

I know I could do this by having a new study for each parameter, but I would like to avoid that if possible.
Thanks!

2 Replies Last Post Feb 20, 2017, 4:56 p.m. EST

Posted: 7 years ago Feb 15, 2017, 11:22 a.m. EST
Hi Zachary,

I don't know if there is a way to do it from the study node, but it's worth checking out the withsol() operator and using that as an initial condition, if the physics work for you. Then you could feed the withsol a parameter and do a parametric study where you set the withsol parameter to be sol1, soll etc from your first study.
Best
Yoni
Hi Zachary, I don't know if there is a way to do it from the study node, but it's worth checking out the withsol() operator and using that as an initial condition, if the physics work for you. Then you could feed the withsol a parameter and do a parametric study where you set the withsol parameter to be sol1, soll etc from your first study. Best Yoni

Posted: 7 years ago Feb 20, 2017, 4:56 p.m. EST
I think there is an option which mention as take solution of previous study. please look for it in option available
I think there is an option which mention as take solution of previous study. please look for it in option available

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.