Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

importing from solid works

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

first of all hi ,

i am new to this so i could use all the help i could get .

i watched a tutorial of how to design a wind turbine to solidworks .

I try to import said geometry to comsol . The problem i face is that it is imported as one item thus , i cannot mess around afterwards with the materials etc.

I have thought of taking each part of the turbine and importing it piece by piece , but if you have a quicker solution , much appreciated

1 Reply Last Post Mar 21, 2017, 3:17 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Mar 21, 2017, 3:17 a.m. EDT
By default, the final geometry operation is a "Form Union" operation. You need to change this to a "Form Assembly" operation, (change the setting within the Form Union node).

Mark
By default, the final geometry operation is a "Form Union" operation. You need to change this to a "Form Assembly" operation, (change the setting within the Form Union node). Mark

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.