Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fabry-Perot cavity with metal mirror on one side

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to simulate a Fabry-Perot cavity, one mirror is dielectric mirror with multi-stack coatings, but another one is metal mirror. For metal mirror, I need to include Fresnel reflection losses and also attenuation due to imaginary refractive index.

I know there's a tutor example of Fabry-Perot cavity in COMSOL website, it's using geometric optics model, I already build a nice working Farby-Perot model with this model but it's with two dielectric mirror. Now I change one mirror to metal and include the complex refractive index of the metal, but the result is absolutely not right.

If geometric optics model could simulate my case, if yes, how can I correctly set metal mirror and include the losses. And if geometric optics model is not working, what model should I use? Thank you.

0 Replies Last Post Mar 21, 2017, 9:35 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Po-Chun Huang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.